Sunday, May 20, 2007

Here we go again...

So, I used to have my own blog. Ran it myself using pixelpost, highly modified the code, all the fun stuff a techie likes to do. I stopped about two years back after both losing interest and changing jobs. I figured now that I was in a VP role with a big important company, it might be frowned upon if I used the word FUCK a lot. And, whether fortunately, or unfortunately, I do use the word fuck a lot. Kind of like a comma. So, if you are easily offended by rude language, move on, because you'll get a lot of it here.

Speaking of offensive, I like getting a reaction from people. Sometimes, just for the sake of it. I find it somewhat amusing to see people get their panties in a wad over stupid shit. So expect that here. And again, if you are one of those "easily offended" types, move on. Go read a blog about puppies or something equally brainless and innocuous. This is my place to spout off about dumb people doing dumb things at dumb times. And mind you - it's all my opinion, but as I noted, I'm very opinionated and you may find yourself agreeing with one thing I say and then wanting to fire off a tirade about the next. Your problem. Not mine.

So, by way of introduction, a bit about me. I' m fairly well educated, having undergrad degrees in Russian Language and Foreign Affairs and a Masters in Software Systems Engineering. I'm in my mid-thirties, male, married and two kids who shall remain nameless (girl and boy). I also have two dogs, one of which is a fucking moose-sized beast, the other being a socially retarded pansy (her former owner thought it would be a good idea to kick the shit out of her, so she is understandably a bit "tense" around people, especially men).

I read a shitload - something on the order of 5-6 books a month and tend to be very up to date on the news. Most of my reading is non-fiction - just finished reading a couple books about the history of quantum physics. That's some seriously cerebral shit there.

I don't watch much regular TV, like anything on the normal networks - so forgive me if I don't get your clever 'Grey's Anatomy' reference. I'm very much a nerd when it comes to my TV options - preferring the Science channel, Discovery, History Channel and things in that vein. I'm also a huge football nut - American style, not that pansy soccer shit - although I do like soccer as well - but just not as much as the good ol' NFL.

I'm very empirical, rational and methodical in most everything I do. I'm agnostic, bordering on atheistic (I'll save the religion rant for a later post).

And finally, politics. Call me a disenchanted independent. I vote for whoever floats my boat at the time. I think government needs to be small and stay the fuck at out my wallet. I think the government needs to stay the hell out of my bedroom and personal affairs. I beleive in a woman's right to choose. I believe in a smart fiscal policy, a strong military and the right for any person to be with any other person of their chosing. So basically, I really can't stand either party, but have to usually use the "idiot that I dislike the least" litmus test. Rarely, do I think the cream of our political talent pool rises to the top. I think the system virtually ensures that the dumbasses do. At least it gives me something to bitch about though.

So, that's enough about me for now.